Looking back at some old travel pics and videos, came across my first video montage of our trip to Argentina in October 2010. We only went for two weeks, which definitely wasn't enough time, so we WILL have go back again sometime soon. Some highlights include an afternoon horse riding in a National Park just on the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Caballos A La Par (www.caballos-alapar.com) were just fantastic, and gave us such a memorable experience. Adrian, the ranch owner himself, picked us up from our hostel and drove us to the ranch. The second highlight was when we had an incredibly close encounter with a Southern Right whale, just after swimming with sea lions in Pueto Mureno. The whale seemed very curious with the four of us on our little boat, circled us three times slowly before getting bored and swam away. If you love wildlife, steak and wine...book at least four weeks off work and go to Argentina.
30 July, 2012
As nearly a year has passed since we left London for Singapore, we have considered moving to another part of the island. Botanic Gardens seem to tick quite a few boxes...we love the vibe, the character, the geenery, the quaint cafe's and independent boutiques. Some of W T's highlights of Botanic Gardens include:
- Fashion: Little Man Stocking a variety of independent, good quality brands of womenswear, menswear, kidswear, accessories, jewellery, home and even a little freezer full of organic ice lollies! We particularly loved the eyewear range, and had to buy these classic RAEN frames in chocolate with a distinctive white line detail all around the eye frames.
- Dinner: Bronte Great comfort fulfilling food and great service to top it off. We weren't overly hungry so shared a few courses. Those which stood out was the lamb linguine, and the chocolate tart with banana. Situated in the buzzy Greenwood Avenue, where there are lots of quaint, albeit pricey, al fresco dining spots.
|Little Man purchase - specs from RAEN|
|Dinner at Bronte|
19 July, 2012
It's the launch of the Coach Legacy Fall Collection which also coincides with the opening of the Coach flagship store in Singapore - so what a great excuse to throw a party! I loved the bright, vibrant primary coloured bags, in the softest leather, roomy interier, and a leather tassel as a finishing touch. The practical long straps were also a big plus point for me.
The sparkly jewellery also caught my magpie eyes. The mix of dainty and chunky struck a nice balance and the tone of gold would warm up all complexions. There was also a tatooist at the event which I thought was a very original and modern way to personalise luxe leather goods. Top the evening off with Moët, mini burgers, cupcakes, a live band, movie star Simon Yam and his beautiful wife Qiqi and Singaporean actor Elvin Ng plus more in attendance = a great launch party!
The Coach flagship store in Singapore is located at #02-19/27 in Wisma Atria.
|Sleeveless blazer - Reiss, silk skirt - Banana Republic, Gold collar necklace - Cotton On, vintage Chanel bag|
|Simon Yam and Qiqi|
|Simon Yam and fans|
|Some lucky ones received goodies!|
|Elvin Ng and Yvonne Lim|
17 July, 2012
We are really looking forward to the Hermès 'The Gift of Time' exhibition coming to Singapore between 1st-12th August. An exhibition by Hilton McConnico at Tanjong Pagar Railway Station. We're not quite sure what to expect, but this is Hermès we're talking about...so we anticipate something directional, inspirational, classic Hermès with a tough of French elegance and a lasting impression. To get us in the mood, here's a super cute short animation from Hermès.
05 July, 2012
So...we're in Sydney to watch the rugby game Wales V Australia, and we were a bit disappointed with the score :-( but was good to watch regardless. We didn't let that put a dampener on our weekend. Here are our 'go-to' tips:
- Dinner and drinks al-fresco - The Winery Excellent hearty food, and absolutely loved the decor. Service was impeccable and great selection of wines. Fish 'Barra in a bag' and the chicken pie exceeded our expectations! A great red was a Bens Run Shiraz, and for white Kudos Chardonnay.
- Dinner and drinks - Longrain Amazing banquet menu for 4 people...loved the sticky rice concoction of a dessert at AU$65 per person. Try the 'Soho LA' cocktail in the bar downstairs
- Dinner or lunch al-fresco - Crintinis Nice view of Darling harbour and a decent high tea at AU$35 per person
- Hot chocolate - Max Brenner - for all the chocoholics out there, get the 'Italiano' thick hot chocolate...molten chocolate in a cup. Probably one of the best hot chocolates I have ever, ever had.
- Vintage - Strawberry Fields Vintage A new store housing a range of vintage apparel and accessories. I loved their selection of vintage scarves and their in-house label 'POP' and their original recycled vintage - customised themselves.
|We stayed in the Surrey Hills area which was a lively and trendy part of |
town, with lots of restaurants, cafes and vintage shops aplenty!
|Max Brenner coffee shop, Manly beach ferry station|
|Max Brenner Italiano hot chocolate - super thick and just perfect|
|High Harbour Bridge view. Peplum parot printed top - H&M, Blazer - Zara|
|Bye bye Sydney!|
04 July, 2012
First stop of our Australian tour - Melbourne! The European city of Australia - Simply great vibe and great people. Our W T tips:
- Dinner - Cookie Great tapas style menu to share. Nice selection of teas and Cookie's
own thick hot chocolate is to die for!
- Drinks - climb up the stairs to the uber cool Rooftop Cinema bar.
- Drinks - The Everleigh table service only intimate speakeasy style bar - great service by barmen with a passion for cocktail mixing.
- Carlton - loud, crowded and funky bar...with a nice terrace
- Breakfast - Cervo - loved the 'smashed avocado' with generous chunks of feta on toast for brekkie. Also, Cervo has a big plus for all travellers - free and strong wifi!
- Breakfast/bunch - ANY of the al-fresco cafes along Degraves street.
- Haigh's chocolate shop - Shop 7-8, The Block Arcade, 282 Collins Street. I just wanted to buy and eat everything.
|ASOS mirror print yellow top, vintage Chanel bag|
|Cookie's own special recipe hot chocolate - I likened it to molton, melted, thick and smooth chocolate - I wanted a second cup...|
|Yums at Cookie|
|Speakeasy Everleigh - the hot cider was much needed|
|Chocolate Melt pudding and tea|
|A multitude of layers yet still freezing cold|
01 July, 2012
A wander around one of my fave streets in Singapore...hip Haji Lane...here's a list of W T's fave spots:
- Soon Lee A wonderful selection of apparel, accessories, jewellery and coffee table books. A lovely boutique housing some great labels.
- Threadbare and Squirrel I wanted to purchase so many items from this store. I loved the eyewear and the jewellery, such original and directional pieces from up and coming brands. I loved the neon raw leather paint splattered clutches. I noted the brand, but cannot find the note! I will go back and check them out again.
- Piedra Negra Yummy spanish tapas food and cocktails. Just order heaps of stuff to feast and share with friends!
|Above: Threadbare and Squirrel. Below: Soon Lee|